Next Major Release#
- Shoot from Cover (requires Traversal and Shooter module) - on hold until GC Shooter and Traversal modules are updated to add support.
- Body-part Targeting.
- Point and Click Ray-Based Shooting.
- Target-centric Movement (while targeting), i.e. circle and move toward the target while focused on it.
- Lootable/Drop Chance System.
- Random Item Drop (alternative to weighted random selection).
Homing Projectile Features
- New "Targeting Mode" to more flexibly configure the projectile's target.
- New Magnetic Mine and Missile Launch examples.
- New "On Continuing to be Targeted" event/trigger.
- Fix change camera motor action issue when using Targeter component.
- New targeting type option for the Targeter component.
- New "Aim Assist" targeting type, i.e. focus on a target when the player's targeting reticule is near or on the target.
- New Custom Camera Motors for Targeter:
- Combat Targeting Camera
- Combat Aiming Camera
- Periodic Spawning.
- Support triggering spawn with non-GC character.
- The Weapon Stash component produced a null reference error in its
HasWeaponDrawnmethod when the Shooter was not enabled.
- The Combat Examples (Melee) demo scene had player with a Shooter component.
- Targeter Camera Motors, optionally follow the current target with the camera while targeting or aiming with a Shooter weapon.
- Combat Examples (Shooter) prefab weapon references have been restored.
- Resolve various null reference issues with Shooter and Melee module integration.
- Remove Behavior module scripts (used for asset testing) from some prefabs.
- Shooter module is now an optional dependency. Support is now enabled through the Combat (Shooter) module.
- Additional targeting actions to support the Behavior module.
- Improve Mouse Targeting
- Click current target to deselect it.
- Click no target to deselect the current target.
- Mouse targeting now enabled through the Targeter component.
Weapon Stash Feature
- New action to remove weapon from stash.
- New public API for Targeter component:
- New actions to enable, disable, and toggle targeting.
- New action to switch to next target.
- New "On Target Changed" trigger.
- Accessibility Module (by Pivec Labs) mobile touchstick compatibility.
- Mouse targeting w/ optional hover indicator (i.e. Targetable can be selected with mouse).
- Targeter's built-in user input controls can now be disabled.
- Targeter can now be configured to not auto-acquire first/next target.
- Spawn by Weight (i.e. random spawn chance).
- Targetable's internal event now correctly cleaned up.
- When created from GameObject menu, a Spawner's collider now is set as a trigger by default.
- Spawner component.
- Melee targeting integration.
- Weapon Stashes (weapon carrying/switching feature).
- Removed .blend files that caused an issue when Blender was not installed.
- Targeting by visibility.
- Support for destructible targets.
- Proximity-based weapon targeting.
- Target indicator.
- Homing projectile.